I'm currently hosting paregorios.org via GitHub pages, but I'm looking for an alternative because there are features I need that GitHub doesn't provide. Here, I think, is a description of my ideal solution:
- Metadata about me (Tom Elliott)
- All the content from my old blog, Horothesia (2007-2018)
- Any new blog posts (like this one) that I choose to write
Digital work in and around the Humanities often involves moving data from one system or format to another. That data often involves complex textual materials in multiple languages and writing systems. One commonly used format is the "Comma-Separated Values" text file. It's not uncommon to find that characters not used in English get garbled when exported from a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel to CSV (or imported from CSV into such a program). What's going on and how do you make it stop?
- Upload a CSV file containing placenames and/or longitude/latitude coordinates, set matching parameters, and get back a CSV file of possible matches.
- An online Application Programming Interface (API) compatible with the OpenRefine data-cleaning tool.